Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Monday, March 4, 2013

My Words To The World

Trigger Warning: Murder

I was able to write my words for my fellow disabled people on our Day of Mourning. It was our day, and I'm glad I could. My words that I have for the rest of the world, however, still spun. I had a few phrases in my head, like "What makes you think we care for the excuse you think you have as we mourn our dead alone?" but nothing that would form fully.
I think I have my words now.

How dare you?
How dare you write our lives as tragedy?
How dare you write our murders as mercy?
Do you not know what you do?

How dare you?
How dare you make their excuses?
How dare you ask me not to judge a killer?
Do you think we do not know?

How dare you?
How dare you erase us from the story of our murder?
How dare you erase us from the story of our life?
Do you think we care for the excuse you think you have as we mourn our dead alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.