Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oh My Life

So last night I stayed up much too late working on a grant application for a couple reasons. One is "Oh, hi executive functioning! I have some real trouble with you!" since I do have some trouble with that. The other is that I was off at the ASAN gala and a panel about disability and inclusion in the humanities. I was not on the panel or anything, but I have two friends from online who were! That was actually a great time, which I will talk about later. Now I am tired. I am very tired, since I got insufficient sleep Monday night in order to be prepared and caught up for leaving Tuesday, insufficient sleep Tuesday night because we got in late from the drive to DC (we got lost, among other things, but mostly lost in Secaucus,) insufficient sleep Wednesday night because Gala, Gala running late, and hanging out talking to people after the Gala, insufficient sleep Thursday night because getting in late from the drive home from DC (got lost in Secaucus again), hopefully sufficient sleep tonight (please!), and then planning on insufficient sleep both Saturday and Sunday nights thanks to Splash, which will be awesome.
I really am looking forward to Splash. I've been teaching there for a while, and I was a student there before I taught. Among other things, I took generating functions, fractional calculus, and make chainmail when I was a student there. Make chainmail was a lot of fun- it's the medieval armor kind, not the spam kind, and it makes a great thing to do with my hands. (Yes, I made chainmail during class in my senior year of high school. It was something to do with my hands and landed me an awesome prom dress.) Now I teach. I'm running an activity about autism, too, and I'm looking forward to that since I have more experience of what Autistic culture is like post-gala and I figure that is relevant and also talking about things I'm interested in is awesome.
And that's basically that. Busy week, busy weekend. Sometime I'll manage to get enough sleep, and something tells me that's going to be Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.